Moritz Queisner is a researcher at the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe. He has an academic background in media studies and digital health. His academic work investigates experimental media technology with a focus on future applications, technology assessment, knowledge transfer, and design principles.
Find me also on Twitter, Academia, Google Scholar, LinkedIn, and ORCID. I’m available for conferences, workshops and other collaborations. Feel free to send me an email. If you’re interested in my work, please also have a look at my portfolio and my blog.
- University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe, DFG Priority Programme The Digital Image, Project Adaptive Images, coordinator
- Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Department of Surgery, Future Lab, guest researcher
- Adaptive Imaging group, co-founder
- Drone Research Network, co-founder
- XR4ALL – Moving the European XR tech industry forward (EU Horizon 2020), member
- Gesellschaft für Medienwissenschaft (GfM), member
Moritz is a research associate at the University of Arts and Design Karlsruhe and a guest researcher at Experimental Surgery at Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, where he received his PhD with a thesis on extended reality. His academic work investigates imaging and interaction in contemporary media technology. His latest publications include projects such as »Image – Action – Space«, »Image Guidance« or »Conceptualizing Screen Practices« (publications). Moritz is a regular speaker at conferences (lectures), organized a variety of academic workshops and conferences (events) and taught university courses on graduate and postgraduate levels. He is the co-founder of the Adaptive Imaging group, a collective of scholars, designers and scientists who study image-guided practices in contemporary media technology, and the Drone Research Network, an inter-disciplinary forum for the exchange of ideas and projects relating to the study of drones.
Moritz held academic positions at the Cluster of Excellence »Image Knowledge Gestaltung. An Interdisciplinary Laboratory«at Humboldt University Berlin, where he was part of the research team Image & Action (Bild & Handlung), the Collegium for the Advanced Study of »Picture Act and Embodiment« at Humboldt University Berlin, the »Post Media Lab« at the Center for Digital Cultures at Leuphana University Lüneburg and the Institute for Arts and Media at the University of Potsdam. He has been a member of the research training group »Visibility and Visual Production: Hybrid Forms of Iconic Knowledge« at the University of Potsdam and the University of Applied Sciences Potsdam. Moritz holds a master’s degree in European Media Studies and a bachelor’s degree in Media and Communication Studies.
Image credit: Jonas Fehrenberg, free for non-profit and academic uses (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
- Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Department of Surgery (PhD)
- Universität Potsdam, DFG Research Training Centre “Visibility and Visualisation – Hybrid Forms of Pictorial Knowledge”
- Universität Potsdam, European Media Studies (MA)
- Freie Universität Berlin, Communication Science (BA)
- Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Human Security
- Einstein-Schering-Zirkel „Life Imaging“, coordinator
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Cluster of Excellence Image Knowledge Gestaltung. An Interdisciplinary Laboratory
- Leuphana Universität Lüneburg, Center for Digital Cultures, Post-Media Lab
- Humboldt Universität zu Berlin, Collegium for the Advanced Study of Picture Act and Embodiment
- Universität Potsdam, Institute for Arts and Media
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation, Sudan Office, Khartoum