International workshop: Imaging and Interaction in Medical Practice
- February 27–28, 2015, Exzellenzcluster Bild Wissen Gestaltung, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin,
- Team: Matthias Bruhn, Kathrin Friedrich, Moritz Queisner, Anna Roethe, Rebekka Lauer, Thomas Picht
- Download workshop programm (PDF)
The evolution of medical imaging has significantly changed clinical practice and applications in the past decade. Improvements in computer technology, tracking and registration devices have put forth new types of interventions, in which the interaction between doctor and patient is increasingly shaped by visual media. This transformation significantly affects clinical workflows and a wide range of settings including software interaction, operating-room architecture and intra-operative navigation. Besides the rapidly growing number of technological innovations and the ongoing debate about their medical benefits, the methodological and practical implications of these developments are not yet adequately integrated into medical research and education.
In this context, the workshop analyses the epistemic and pragmatic visual settings of image-guided interventions with regard to the question how images govern medical decisions and actions. It will address the methods and discuss the problems that go along with the shifting modalities of in- teraction in medical planning, monitoring and treatment. By assembling interdisciplinary perspectives, ranging from medicine, engineering and computer science to media studies, philosophy and design, the workshop intends to identify an applied visual knowledge that corresponds to the transformation of interaction in image-guided medical practice. A second and important goal will be a new approach to »Image Guidance« as an integrative concept that is based in medical practice as well as academic research and education.
Workshop: Imaging and Intervention
- February 7, 2014, Exzellenzcluster Bild Wissen Gestaltung, Humboldt Universität zu Berlin,
- Location: Humboldt Universität zu Berlin,
- Committee: Moritz Queisner, Matthias Bruhn, Anna Roethe, Kathrin Friedrich
- mit Marc Dewey, Petra Ritter, Thomas Picht, Erwin Keeve
Gegenstand des Workshops war die Diskussion aktueller Methoden und Probleme bildgeführter Interventionen in der medizinischen Praxis.